Website Content | Terms and Conditions of Use
All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.
For permission requests, send us an email or write at the address below
Nymfon Sqr. 1, Glyfada
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Mythical Routes’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Mythical Routes’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Mythical Routes at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
All materials are protected under the United States and international copyright laws and treaties which provide substantial penalties for infringement. The use of any images or other materials, in whole or part, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, storage, manipulation, digital or otherwise, is expressly prohibited without the written permission of Mythical Routes.
The historical and architectonic material on Mythical Routes’s web site is derived directly from the historical books of Architect and Author George Baltoyannis. All photographs and text included are the property of Mythical Routes and Angelo Baltoyannis. Please note that these images are not royalty free and a fee is required for each specific usage. This includes the use of any of these images for use in web pages. Such usage could conflict with the interest of our other clients that have paid a usage fee for a specific purpose. Legal action could then be taken against illegal usage by the photographer and the client. Please respect copyright laws. To inquire about the use of any of these images, please contact me via this website. All technical data, like GPS tracks, is provider either by the members of Mythical Routes, or by the National Technical University of Greece (NTUA).
In no event shall Mythical Routes or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Mythical Routes’s Internet site, even if Mythical Routes or a Mythical Routes authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Mythical Routes’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Mythical Routes does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Mythical Routes may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Mythical Routes does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Mythical Routes has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Mythical Routes of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Mythical Routes’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Greece without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Motorcycle Adventure Tours | Terms of Participation
Our Adventure Tours are organized by the experienced staff of Mythical Routes. Always remember that this is not a sporting event or a competition race or rally. Mythical Routes cannot be held responsible for delays, modifications, partial or total cancellations, restrictions imposed by local, departmental and regional authorities, or by serious climatic or external events (strikes, attacks, war, etc.). Mythical Routes is covered in civil liability for this event, but it is important to clarify that all participants (whoever they may be) are covered by their personal insurance.
- Minimum participation age is 18 years if riding own motorcycle or 25 years if renting a motorcycle.
- All participants must be in possession of a valid motorcycle license (for minimum 2 years if renting a motorcycle) and be in possession of the legal administrative documents concerning their vehicles.
- The registration is name specific, non-transferable and not exchangeable (whether it is between people or between tours).
- With the exception of vehicles of the organization, our Adventure Tours are not open to motorized vehicles with more than 2 wheels.
- Our routes use sections of unpaved roads and are designed for dual-sport and adventure motorcycles with a recommended cylinder capacity greater than 600cc and with minimum fuel range of 200km.
- If riding your own motorcycle, it must be equipped with DOT approved adventure tires. You must be equipped with spare tubes and tools in the event of a flat tire (even motorcycles with tubeless tires). The organization, tour guides, and crew are not responsible for fixing flats of caring spares or tools for this purpose.
- Our routes also use lanes open to traffic, so if riding your own motorcycle, it must be fully compliant with the regulations in force, particularly with regard to noise and the presence of mirrors, turn signals, license plate standards, etc.
RIDER COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS
- All riders must be in possession of their valid identification documents and EU valid motorcycle Driving License (or International Licence for US citizens).
- All riders must be insured in Civil Liability, have the assistance included in their motorcycle insurance contract and ride in compliance with the national Highway Codes.
- All riders must be equipped with ECE approved riding gear (helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots).
Mythical Routes uses professional video and photography agents and uses the images obtained for its communication. In addition, journalists may be present to cover the event and publish reports on various media. By registering, the participants accept without compensation of possibly appearing in the various videos and photos relating to Mythical Routes.
Agreement for Participation | Disclaimer Form
1. I agree that I am fully aware of the perils and fully accept responsibility for all risks entailed with motorcycle riding and I further agree that on Adventure Tours with Mythical Routes risks or dangers can’t be excluded, even with the highest diligence from Mythical Routes (hereinafter the “Company”). There are additional dangers and risks, including the following:
- The danger of damage caused by the negligence or incompetence of other riders and their failure to control their motorcycle as well as the incapability of riding a motorcycle off-road, sometimes even in heavy terrain, as there is a high possibility of damage or accident.
- The danger related to or arising from range exercises, natural or manmade conditions, wildlife, domestic animals, vehicular traffic, injury or death from falling, hitting manmade or natural obstacles such as trees or rocks, getting lost and being exposed to the elements.
- There are trails of scaled difficulty from areas that are consisted of deep canyons and narrow passes, sharp rocks, trees, holes and indentations, walls and relics and further, to hazardous soil, which may be difficult to spot at once.
- Communication is difficult in some areas especially in rocky or mountain areas so contact could be lost for short periods of time.
- The weather conditions can be extreme or change quickly and radically and sometimes may be unpredictable. The dangers under these riding conditions are part of our Tours.
- If the Client causes the motorbike to be retained or embargoed, all costs will be payable by the Client, including any losses to the Company whilst the motorbike is immobilized.
- All fines, judicial costs, etc., derived from any form of traffic infraction or other, which are against the motorbike, the Company or the Client, and caused by the Client during the period of this contract, will be payable by the Client except when caused by the Company.
2. I clearly understand, acknowledge and accept that if I am injured or incapacitated during the ride, it may be difficult or impossible to get required medical attention or transportation to me in time to avoid physical injury or even death.
3. I accept all these dangers and risks on the tours with and particularly the risk of injury, demise, damage or loss of property.
4. Any liability of Mythical Routes or the tour guides is excluded for material damage or damage to others, if caused by myself, except if these damages are covered by the liability insurance prescribed by the regulations. In any case, the scope of the claim is limited to the extent of the insurance cover in the precise case.
5. I clearly understand, acknowledge and accept that insurance coverage does not apply to dirt roads (gravel roads) and off-road riding.
6. I accept in any case to not to prosecute Mythical Routes or the tour guides and staff.
7. It’s solely my duty to certify, that I have the necessary background, skills, and ability on an adequate level to manage the trails and routes following the tour guides. I am cognizant of the specific dangers and risks on the tours and I participate on my own risk.
8. I agree to wear and use full personal protective equipment during riding.
9. I further agree to abide by all rules and instructions given to me verbally or in writing by Mythical Routes representatives. I knowingly assume full responsibility for the consequences, good or bad, of attempting any training activity, including but not limited to riding, drills, maneuvers, trail rides or test of any sort.
10. I agree to provide sufficient insurance to cover any potential property damage or bodily harm that I may cause to myself or others and promise to maintain such insurance throughout my stay.
11. The liability of Mythical Routes and their partners and staff on behalf of damages which I may sustain during the tour is limited on the package of the tour price, under the condition that the damage is caused.
12. It is further understood and agreed that I hereby expressly and irrevocably waive all legal, administrative or equitable causes of action of any sort against Mythical Routes I agree that such waiver binds myself and my family, and any all others who make claims on my behalf.
13. I hereby agreed that Mythical Routes may use my name and address as well as all photos, films and other images for marketing purposes, which is possible to be taken during the entire tour.
14. I agree to not operate any motorcycles or other equipment, fixed or movable until I fully and completely understand all operational features and safety regulations and precautions. The motorbike must be in the same condition at the time of collection as it was at the time of delivery.
145. I further agree not to operate Mythical Routes equipment if I am under the influence of alcohol, drugs or anything else that could impair my faculties and judgment.
Payment is made through the means of payment offered on the website www.mythicalroutes.com. Payment by wire transfer (Offline Payment / Βank Transfer) must be made within 7 days after sending the online registration form. This time passed, the registration is canceled, and the place is made available again.
In case of cancellation by the participant, whatever the reason:
- 7 – 8 weeks before departure by Client – 50% refund.
- 4 – 7 weeks before departure by Client – 40% refund.
- 2 – 4 weeks before departure by Client – 25% refund.
- 0 – 2 weeks before departure by Client – no refund.
In case of cancellation, we will refund the amount to the client’s bank account. Down payments are not refundable and we will only return the percentage of the total amount paid for each package. Transfer fees may apply and differ in each Bank. Our company holds no responsibility in this matter.
In the case of total cancellation by the organizer: all the amount collected will be refunded.
Privacy Notice | GDPR
Mythical Routes uses the website www.mythicalroutes.com (hereinafter referred to as “mythicalroutes”) for the purpose of purchasing products related with motorcycles, motorcycle riding, camping and adventure trekking and for the purpose of conducting excursions / motorcycle guided tours, adventure rallyes and adventure trophies.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY
1.1. Information we collect about you
When you visit the website mythicalroutes, we may collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the above website, we collect information about the products that you view, which website or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with the above website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device-related Information”.
1.2. Information you give us
1.2.1. When you create an account at the website mythicalroutes for making a purchase and you log in through this account, you provide us with your username and password. In addition, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through mostwantedwarehouse, you provide us with certain information, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, or credit account), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
1.2.2. When you wish to join us in our motorcycle excursions/guided tours or adventure rallyes and trophies, we collect the personal information that you provide us by filling the booking form provided for in the website mythicalroutes (hereinafter referred to as “Booking Ιnformation”), which is necessary for the participation thereto.
1.2.3. Additionally, when you choose to subscribe to the website mythicalroutes for receiving our newsletters, we process your name and email address (hereinafter referred to as “Newsletters Subscription Data”) solely for the purpose of sending you our newsletters. This processing is based on your consent that you can revoke (i.e. ask to unsubscribe) at any time without any detriment.
When we talk about “Personal Data” in this Privacy Notice, we are talking about Device-related Information, Order Information, Booking Information and Newsletters Subscription Data.
2. WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data in the following ways:
2.1. We use Device-related Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the website. By accepting cookies you give us your consent to the use of the Device-related Information.
2.2. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the website mythicalroutes (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). This information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations (e.g. to deliver the products you have purchased in our website).
2.3. We use Booking Information based on your explicit consent thereto and solely for the purpose of arranging and making motorcycle excursions / guided tours, adventure rallyes and trophies.
2.4. Subject to your explicit consent, we use Newsletters Subscription Data exclusively for the purpose of sending you our newsletters.
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We share your Personal Data with third parties that help us provide you our services as described above. Namely:
We share your payment information with payment service providers for the purpose of completing your order; payment transactions are executed through the secure electronic payment platform “Alpha e-commerce”;
We share your Order Information with TNT Greece (delivery service provider) in order to deliver a product to you;
We share your Newsletters Subscription Data with the company named “The Rocket Science Group LLC”, creator of the marketing automation platform “Mailchimp”, for the purpose of sending you our newsletters and keep you informed with our latest offerings.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our lawful rights.
4. HOW LONG CAN YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE KEPT
Your Personal Data is being processed (and retained) only for as long as it is necessary. Namely:
We retain your Device-related Information for (20) years.
We retain your Order Information for twenty (20) years from the last purchase; such retention period is necessary to fulfil any contractual obligations related to your purchase, such as refunds and guarantees, and to comply with any legal requirement.
We retain your Booking Information for seven (7) days upon completion of the excursion/motorcycle guided tour, for safety reasons.
We retain Newsletters Subscription Data for as long as you wish to receive our newsletters.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We place high priority on the security of your Personal Data. We apply appropriate safeguards to protect against foreseeable loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, unauthorized modification and improper disclosure. We store Personal Data in secure facilities (central server based within EU) and implement systematic processes and procedures for securing and storing data.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES OUTSIDE EEA
We transfer your Newsletters Subscription Data through the marketing automation platform Mailchimp, which is maintained by the company named “The Rocket Science Group LLC”, located outside the European Economic Area and more specifically in the United States. Such transfer is protected by the appropriate safeguards for your rights, given that “The Rocket Science Group LLC” has a certified compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. More information available at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant_search
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Pursuant to the current legal framework on the protection of Personal Data, you are entitled to exercise the following rights:
the right to access, correct or update your Personal Data at any time;
the right to object to or restrict the use of your Personal Data, only to the extent of Personal Data that are not processed for purposes of legal compliance or contractual performance;
the right to withdraw your consent at any time and without any detriment, in case where the processing of your Personal Data is based exclusively on your consent;
the right to ask the erasure of your Personal Data, under the condition that this particular data processing is based solely on your consent;
the right to data portability, according to which you can ask to receive your Personal Data so that you can transfer them to another entity; and
the right to submit a complaint before the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (DPA) in case you are dissatisfied with how we process your Personal Data. For more detailed information you can visit the website of DPA (www.dpa.gr->My rights-> Submit of a complaint)
8. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. Any such change we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and will become effective immediately upon posting without prior notice. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice and stay informed about how we are protecting the personal information we collect.
9. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +30.210.898.0177, or by mail using the details provided below: 1 Nymfon Sq., Glyfada, 16677, Greece.