This is a great update to the way you experience Adventure. Traditionally once something happens, you stop and pray that the rider in front of you will notices that you are missing .. in a few miles. Well, not any more! Now you can just say “wait”.
I know that this is not a big thing, but our personal riding experience just got a massive upgrade. Now we could really talk to each-other, give riding instructions, cautions, head’s up about incoming difficulties and much more. And all that without shouting or having to take our helmets off. This is definitely a BIG difference in your riding experience!
The Sena 10U for KRIOS is designed to be installed into your KLiM KRIOS helmet in just 10 minutes. It comes together with the Sena Remote, but we haven’t really tried that one yet. Battery and charging port are neatly located at the back of the helmet (inside it) just behind your neck. You can’t even tell that is has the 10U installed!
Using it off-road was a great help. You can talk with your riding mate via intercom, listen to music or answer to a call from your phone, with absolutely no effort at all and usually everything works fine. The charge lasts forever – well way more than you will need for a day’s riding, with constant intercom use.
We could see only one problem with it: intercom range. In actual off-road riding conditions it is nowhere near it’s indicated working distance of up to 1.6 kilometers (1.0 mile) in open terrain. The signal started to break in almost 150-200 meters (!!) and the connection fails once you loose visual contact. Not happy with that. Not happy at all.
10U Sound quality
Sena told us that the 10U uses the speakers from the 20S, and that’s a good thing. The sound quality seems excellent to use, with good bass response.
Once the speakers are placed behind the liner in the KRIOS, everything works fine. Of course in highway speeds of 140+ km/h we sure wish we could pump the volume up by about 25-30% more, but all Adventure helmets are quite noisy because of the visor design.
The microphone can be placed in whatever position, and the person speaking to you can’t hear anything than your voice .. well, even the twin Akrapovic system when you’re giving it a bit too much gas.
The 10U works great even with the face-shield open in off-road riding speeds. No problem at all.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Unibody design is built specifically for the KLIM® Krios Adventure Helmet and fits into the helmet ear pockets
- Includes a wireless remote control as well as a three-button control pad
- Four-way intercom communication up to 1 mile in open terrain
- Universal Intercom to communicate with other brand headsets
- Group Intercom
- Voice prompts
- Music sharing between rider and passenger
- Built-in FM radio tuner
- Up to 10 hours talk time
- Firmware upgradeable
- Smartphone app for iPhone and Android
- Talk time: 10 hours
- Dimensions (main module)
- Microphone with control unit: 77 mm x 68 mm x 58 mm (3.0 in x 2.7 in x 2.3 in)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Profile: Headset Profile, Hands-Free Profile (HFP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Working distance (intercom): up to 1.6 kilometers (1.0 mile) in open terrain
- Built-in SBC Codec
- Advanced Noise Control
- Wide volume control
- Sample rate: 48kHz (DAC)
- Built-in wide band Codec (HFP)
- Sample rate: max 16 kHz
- Built-in FM radio with RDS AF (Radio Data System Alternate Frequencies)
- Radio region: worldwide
- Radio frequency specifications: 64 ~ 108MHz
- 10 preset station memory with automatic scan function
- Radio on time: 8 ~ 10 hours
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Talk time: Up to 10 hours
- Type: Lithium polymer battery
- Certificates: CE, FCC, IC
IN THE BOX:
- 10U Headset
- Handlebar Remote
- Foam Speaker Snap Holders
- Handlebar Rubber Band
- USB Power and Data Cable (Micro USB Type)
* More information about Sena 10U for Krios here